Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lego Architecture

So I came across this amazing scale model of Villa Savoye (by famous architect Le Corbusier) created completely out of legos by a student on the east coast. It pretty much blew my mind at how detailed and accurate his lego model was.




Ever since then I have been talking about contacting LEGO to discuss a possible line of Lego Kits based on famous buildings Well, it looks like someone beat me to it, because Lego has just announced a new kit line based on FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT buildings. The kits were designed in conjunction with the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, Brickstructures, Inc. and the LEGO Architecture brand. OMG I think I might cry!

Two sets are coming, the The Guggenheim Museum and Fallingwater, the first of those dating from the mid-1950s and the second one being the stunning 1930s residence that the architect designed for businessman Edgar Kaufmann Sr. Both sets will also include glossy booklets that feature traditional building instructions along with exclusive archival historical material and photographs of each building.

The kits should be released sometime this month! I cant wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment